Thanks for checking me out. You are reading my first of many posts. Most of you checking out this intro are probably contacts of mine already. For those of you who are not, I am a personal trainer from Ohio living in Dallas, TX and working at the renowned Cooper Aerobics Center.
I have started my blog because I can only work with so many clients one on one in the gym. If I only train in the traditional sense of personal training, I am confined only to the people that can afford personal training and that are located within close proximity of me.
I would like to be able to provide information to everyone, whether you are someone I have met along the way or someone that has stumbled upon my site through an outside source. I have trained many clients from all over the world, I’ve made many friends along my journeys and with this new project, I can continue to inform, educate and help both the people that I know already and new friends that I come across.
I will be posting blogs and other content that are related to fitness, nutrition, stress management and healthy living in general. I will also write some content that is catered to my colleagues who are fellow fitness and wellness professionals. I am open to any and all feedback, suggestions, questions or comments.
Yours in health and fitness,
A quick summary of where I’ve been and what I have done:
· I graduated with my bachelor’s degree in sport/exercise science in 2008 and my master’s degree in exercise physiology in 2013.
· I’ve held my personal trainer certification through the American College of Sports Medicine since 2005
· I have worked with a long list clients in various settings such as community rec centers, private homes, outside in the park for boot camp style workouts and in your typical gyms.
· I’ve been teaching basic swimming and swim stroke enhancement to both children and adults since 2003.
· In 2012, I worked in the hospital as an exercise physiologist in cardiac-pulmonary rehab and with outpatient physical therapy through an intensive 600 hour internship program.
· I lived in the Catskill Mountains of NY for 4 consecutive summers as a resident trainer at a weight loss resort helping hundreds of participants of all ages, sizes and backgrounds lose weight and become healthy.
· I am both an award winning natural amateur bodybuilder and a recreational marathon runner, two things that are not very commonly thrown together.